So what happened between 2016 and 2018 when I started putting the weight back on. Well I could give many excuses but it was mainly to do with eating too much. The biggest culprit was cake. I do love baking and I love eating it. I also decided not to get on the scales. What a mistake. Whilst I don’t think you should get on the scales daily, I would recommend once a week weigh in (or once a month). It helps you keep on the straight and narrow.
Every month in 2018, I sat down making a list of 10 aims for the month. Each month I aimed to lose 4lbs. It never happened. I got to September 2018 and decided that the only way I was going to lose anything was to rejoin Rosemary Conley online so I joined up for 3 months. Pleased with my achievements, I continued my membership for a further 12 months.
Unlike my 2012 weight loss, my loss this time has been slow but steady. I have even had gains some weeks but they haven’t been a shock. This week saw a gain of a 1/4 lb. I wasn’t surprised (I actually thought it would be more). Here are the reasons why:
- Sunday roast made by my son Jordan and his lovely girlfriend Thais. (Not the roast itself; I blame the banoffee pie we had for dessert)
- Carrot and Pecan Squares from my Baking Club subscription (so worth the extra 1/4 lb. More to follow!)
- Pimms and more Pimms
- Thursday’s macaroni cheese (one of my favourites and it did include broccoli and spinach) whilst eating out on a night to the theatre
Whilst I know that I would have had a loss if I didn’t indulge, I enjoyed all I ate and drank so I don’t have any regrets.
I do believe that following any diet and exercise plan is going to help you lose weight; you just have to find the right one for you. For some people, going to a weight loss club where they are weighed and can share their experiences, is the better option. I like online because I can go on to the website when I want. It is more of a self accountable experience; you have to be totally honest with yourself. Why wouldn’t you though? You’ve paid the money so it isn’t any good cheating.
So what do I get out of it:
- Rosemary’s daily motivation minute (also a daily exercise challenge. I will try to do this from today!)
- Recipe of the day (see my favourite breakfast at the moment).
- Recipes – there are lots. I love cooking and a lot of my favourite meals come from this collection
- Weight loss challenges (I’m in the Summer 2019 challenge at moment)
- Coaches who you can message and also send you words of encouragement. They do have one-2-one coaching which is an extra cost. If I lose my motivation, I would give this a go
- The community chat – I look here daily. I find tips here as well as encouragement and motivation. Most of my Fitbit friends are from this lovely group of people.
I have only got 4lbs to get to goal. I’m hoping that with a big effort in June, and I will be there.